Come to visit with Strong Prison Wives Co-Founder, Ro. Video #3
Even after all of these years, I still can’t help but feel like I’m getting ready for a “date” when it comes time for visit. It doesn’t matter how often I go, I always get butterflies fluttering around my stomach and the “what am I going to wear’s” in the days leading up to my trip. Its always been a fun challenge for me to come up with cute, trendy, affordable outfits that fit within the visiting regulations of the facility and of course will pass through the metal detector. While picking out my clothing for the weekend, I run it through the checklist in my mind: Shoulders and chest covered. Check. Opaque material. Check. Looser fitting. Check. Not too many buttons or too much metal. Check…and on it goes.
As prison wives, we are all in the same situation. Of course you want to look your best for your inmate, while still being allowed in to see him. We’ve decided to put together a VOOD (Visit Outfit of the Day) series to share ideas and inspire thoughts for YOUR date with your inmate.
[video name="Strong Prison Wife - Prison Visit Outfit of the Day" url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouONv1DdnQg" image="" width="470" height="320" align="alignnone" controlbar="bottom" autostart="false" stretching="fill" icons="true" html5_1="" html5_2="" priority="flash" /]
- Pussybow Blouse – “Kardashian Kollection,” Sears (I do not recommend this brand. This was only the third time this shirt was worn and it already looked ratty and old. I find the collection to be overpriced and poor quality. You can find similar blouses in most clothing stores now.)
- High Waist Jeans – “Ellen Tracy,” Macys (old), Similar
- Booties – Jessica Simpson, Similar
- Nail polish – Light Pink/Sparkled, Similar: Wet n Wild Shine, Tickled Pink
- Ring – Lia Sophia (Purchased through a friend who was hosting a party)
- Faux Pearl Earrings – Charlotte Russe, Similar